“The Best” gives you useful advice how you can make your fuel go further; Efficient driving tips could help you cut your fuel spend by a third. Here’s how:
- De-clutter your car; the lighter your car is, the less effort it needs to make to accelerate.
- Remove your roof rack; if you’re not using it, as it increases the drag and makes the engine work harder.
- Turn off the air con; this could improve your fuel efficiency by 8%.
- Don’t fill the tank; Keep the weight of your car down by only filling up to ½ or ¾ full.
- Accelerate gradually and slow naturally; it’s more economical to increase speed gradually. The harder you press the accelerator, the more fuel flows. Furthermore gradual braking and minimum use of gears saves fuel
- Drive in the correct gear; always drive in the highest gear possible without labouring the engine.
- Don’t run your tank dry; always fill up at least fifty miles before your tank’s empty to avoid panic buying and spending more.
For more information about renting the most appropriate vehicle for you at the best price, visit our website: www.thebestcars.gr
"The Best" team